Image Map

21 August 2014

Back to School Fashion

Today I bring you the lovely Tess, from Sequins and Sunflowers- an adorable blog dedicated to healthy living, clean makeup and some super cute fashion. Tess has some fantastic ideas for back to school or just the good old fashion fall clothes.

And don't forget to stop by and say hello to Tess on facebook, twitter, and youtube (yes she vlogs and does tutorials- they are incredible- check it out!) 

Onward!



 Sharpened, wooden pencils are one of the things that immediately transport me back to my childhood and the beginning of school. While most families are taking their last vacations and throwing that one last barbecue in the backyard, I can't help but feel excited for what comes next. The crisp weather that fall delivers so promptly and ever so cleverly just as school begins. Children shop with their mothers for the perfect lunch box and we girls fret over which outfit will be perfect on the first day of school.

While I am no longer in school (!!) I still like to use the beginning of school as a guideline for changing up my wardrobe and beginning the transition to more fall pieces.

In celebration of the coming of fall and the beginning of a new school year, here are two of my favorite interpretations of back to school outfits that will not only be comfortable and chic, but could also be worn in most any other casual situations.

 For those who veer toward the girlier side of fashion, this outfit was made for you. Beginning with a floral romper, layer on a sleeveless jean jacket for a fun twist on the typical summer romper. Because this particular romper has a lot of colors going on, I thought it would be fun to pull one of the less noticeable ones out by pairing a bright pink earring to accentuate the pink colors in the fabric of the romper. Add an adorable pair of lace Keds, a pop of pink lipgloss and the epitome of the girl-next-door you will be (did you hear the Yoda voice there?)!

This is personally the outfit I would wear on my first day of school, if I were attending. Pair a slightly distressed pair of boyfriend jeans with an adorable polka dot top for a cheery take on a classic shirt. Add a modern pair of pointy-toe ballet flats in an electric blue before popping on a hot red gloss. Not only will your outfit pop in all the right ways, but there is still a classic edge to it that makes it perfect for the first day of school. Of course, you can always pop on your favorite pair of glasses (who am I kidding, I have one…) for an added element of nerdy chic because yes, that is a thing.

I just wanted to add a little note about high school here, in case you aren't the most popular fish in the sea. I was always a little nerdy and a little different, but I always had great friends who didn't look down on me or call me out on my weirdness. Because of this, I accepted myself at a very young age. This isn't to say that there weren't days where I wished I was a little more Laguna Beach and a little less Urkel, but overall keeping my head up and surrounding myself with friends who liked me the way I was made high school much easier for me.

 So as a final word of encouragement, in the words of Dr. Seuss, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment