Image Map

13 October 2014

I said I was going to do this everyday...

*warning* - this post is picture heavy!

So a little later than my normal post but I said I was going to blog every day in October and need to get a post out there.

The reason for my lateness- the wedding. My sister's of course, I'm nowhere near ready for any of those shenanigans!

I took Friday off of work, had a semi-awful experience of getting my nails done, packed up a lot of stuff and then took the train to Philadelphia. I met up with my mother and introduced her to Frozen, could you believe she hadn't seen it yet ?! My friend S, also joined us for the weekend- it was nice to have a buddy, and an extra pair of hands. 

Saturday we made our way out to the wedding location, after stopping at Michaels, Target, a liquor store and Chick-fil-a. We put all of the place cards up, helped with a few other odds and ends, rested for a bit and then played at the rehearsal dinner. 

Sunday brought a lot of wedding chaos and love. I had my hair and make-up done, watched the rest of the gals get the same, met some of the sweetest flower girls and had lots of fun times getting pictures taken. 

The wedding was a blast- beautiful, romantic, touches of comic relief and lots of friends and family. They had a great photo booth, a cigar man, a band, DJ, two signature drinks (the names were L'Chaim Ball and Sweaty Pig) and so much more. I finally was able to show off all my crafts! And I even rapped my speech... 


(all my crafts! )


 

   Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Your boards are amazing!!! You know you could these on Etsy right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS day! What great DIY projects for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative, the boards gave a whimsical touch. Such a busy weekend and you still have time to post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh we will see- need more time in life if I wanted to start something like that, but maybe in the future? It's definitely a talent I didn't know I had but happy to have found it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I found a lot of them on pinterest and just gave them my own flair but happy to know I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a crazy weekend! It was nice to finally sit down last night and be able to write a post. Hopefully can give a better wedding post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute signs! Those are perfect! Also your handwriting is soo good!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha thanks- my handwriting usually looks awful! My mom was so surprised my sister had asked me to do these because normally no one can understand anything I write... whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting married next year. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Pinterest was oh so helpful in so many aspects of my sister's wedding planning. A lot of these boards were inspired from things she had pinned. Good luck with the planning and crafting!

    ReplyDelete