Image Map

28 July 2014

Party Weekend!

Woo-hoo! I had a wonderful four-day weekend celebrating my sister's bacherlorette party! Myself, along with 13 others sent her off in style.

I planned the weekend, along with my sister's good friend P. We wanted a fun, relaxing, but could get crazy, weekend to celebrate and catch up with friends. A family friend of ours has a travel agency and suggested to us that we look at VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner)- a site that allows you to rent a house from an owner. We first looked at places on the beach but the prices were a bit high and no one allowed for a four-day weekends. We then took our search to the Poconos. It made for a decently central location to everyone that was attending, brought the cost down significantly and made for an amazing vacation.

gifts for the gang!

For one, the weather was amazing. We all met up on Thursday night in perfect cool mountain air. After grilling some burgers and hotdogs we chilled with our excessive amount of alcohol and relaxed in the hot tub (against the rules- whoops!).

Friday we made it to the lake on a great little beach, we laid out for a few hours and then rented kayaks. This made for an exciting adventure around a fabulous lake. We went back to the house tie-dyed t-shirts. Friday night brought on the festive bachelorette activities- yes, I mean we broke out our singles and had a show.

Now let me tell you- this is something I've attended before and have experienced at other parties and with friends but I have never actually had to do the work of finding an entertainer myself... it was quite an experience. First was finding a website/company that didn't look to sketch. Thankfully another bridesmaid help me narrow this down, but I had to do the actual calling. Surprisingly they were all very professional, helpful and listened to exactly what I wanted. Something I can now check off my list?
our "entertainer" knocking down her door!
It was lots of fun, full of ridiculous laughter and added to the weekend.

Saturday we went to the beach again, it was overcast at first but when the sun finally appeared it was a fantabulous day! We played relay races, jumped around in the lake and partook in much chit chat. That evening we went over to a local bar had dinner and danced the night away with all the townies.
part of our relay races- anyone else ever done the toothpick/lifesaver game?
bride to be- with one of many shots!
the fantastic group in our beautiful tie-dye shirts

Sunday led to parting of the ways, with sad faces, full stomachs and heads full of happy memories. After a relaxing drive back to NY, I spent the rest of my Sunday chilling and watching some movies (Vampire Academy and Easy A). Not too happy to be back at work but hey... only 3 more weeks until Europe!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was an amazingly fun time! Those can koozies are cute. Love the tye-dye shirts on everyone.

    ReplyDelete